Hi! I’m Nicole, and I love collecting and sharing family stories. I’m a former middle school history teacher. I currently volunteer at the Tucson Family History Center, leading the family history storytime for preschoolers each week. My husband and I have 3 sweet children under 6.
I’ve loved family history since age 16, when my family moved two states away and I didn’t make the volleyball team at the new high school. As I explored and experimented in genealogy, a whole new world opened to me. I discovered that “[researching ancestors makes] you feel wonderful!” (Richard G. Scott). I love researching and teaching others about it.
Hi, I’m Diana. I’m a wife, mother of 5 and grandmother of 4. I’m working toward becoming an accredited genealogist. A former elementary school teacher, I now teach piano and family history! Growing up, my parents taught me the importance of knowing our family’s history by their example. They wrote letters, searched censuses, gathered photos and stories, and did as much as they could before the computer age.
Thirteen years ago, my dad gave me a suitcase full of everything he had on his family and told me it was my turn now. I went to work recording what he had found and with the help of the internet and my daughter, Nicole, was able to find many new family members. I love learning new ways to research and attend as many classes as I can. I serve as a Family History Consultant in my ward, teaching youth and adults. My goal is to help as many people as possible feel successful in Family History!
Blog Link Up
RootsTech Class: Kid Genealogists
- Research Logs: The Key to Organizing Your Family History
- Kid General Authorities Coloring Book and Matching Game
- Following the Prince of Peace to Higher Ground
- MISSION POSSIBLE Youth Activity
- Family History for Children and Teens
- How to Transfer a Family Tree to FamilySearch
- Make a Pie Chart of your Ancestors’ Home Countries with Grandma’s Pie
- Teaching Family History with a Family Map Game
- Why Share Family History with Children – Blog Link Up March 2017
- Principles of Peace Family and Ancestor Booklet