Research Like a Pro study group
with Diana Elder, AG®
Pedigree analysis and objectives: Learn how to analyze your family tree for possible research opportunities, then how to focus your research with an objective.
Reviewing previous research and analyzing source information: Learn how to analyze the sources you have found and extract all of the possible data from them.
Location research: Learn about jurisdictions, boundary changes, and the importance of understanding “where” an event occurred.
Research planning: Learn to make a focused plan that will guide you to the best sources that will answer your research question.
Logging your research and source citations: Discover how to organize your research using a research log and source citations.
Writing up your research: Learn the many ways you can share your research, how to write a simple proof summary, and discover the best option for any research scenario.
How it works:
- You fill out the contact form specifying the time that will work for you on the Services page.
- I will contact you with further information and answer any questions.
- One-hour study group sessions will be held via Google Plus Private Hangouts from the comfort of your home computer.
- Following the session, I will share a private link for you to view the recorded session at any time.
- We will begin meeting in September, every other week for 12 weeks, a total of six sessions.
- Each session you will have a reading assignment and a research assignment to complete beforehand.
- You’ll receive feedback on your research assignment from me and two study group members.
- You will give feedback on the research assignment to two study group members.