with Diana Elder, AG®
Could you use some structure in your genealogy research? Do you respond well to a group study atmosphere? If so, the Research Like a Pro study group can give you the motivation and the setting to finally make progress in your research.
Pedigree analysis and objectives: Learn how to analyze your family tree for possible research opportunities, then how to focus your research with an objective.
Reviewing previous research and analyzing source information: Learn how to analyze the sources you have found and extract all of the possible data from them.
Location research: Study jurisdictions, boundary changes, and discover the importance of understanding “where” an event occurred.
Research planning: Learn to make a focused plan that will guide you to the best sources that will answer your research question.
Source citations: Study the elements of a good source citation and learn to create your own.
Logging your research: Discover how to organize your research using a research log and source citations.
Writing up your research: Learn the many ways you can share your research, how to write a simple proof summary, and discover the best option for any research scenario.
Organization, productivity, and education: Discover new ways to organize your genealogy documents, become more productive in your work, and boost your genealogical knowledge.
How it Works
- After you pay for the study group, I will contact you with further information and answer any questions.
- One-hour study group sessions will be held via Google Plus Private Hangouts from the comfort of your home computer.
- Following the session, I will share a private link for you to view the recorded session at any time.
- Before each session you will have access to a webinar to view in preparation for the session topic.
- Each session will consist of discussion on the topic with practical practice and time for questions.
- Following each session, you will complete an assignment on your own research problem.
- You will receive feedback on your research assignment from me and two study group members.
- You will give feedback on the research assignment to two study group members.
Schedule and Email List
Our next study group sessions will begin Tuesday, March 12th and run every two weeks until June 18th – a total of eight sessions. Session times will be 1:00 pm MT and 7:00 pm MT. To receive advance notice of registration opening and early bird sales, click the link and subscribe to the special study group email list.