Family reunions are one of the most popular times to share family history. Hardly a year goes by that we don’t have some kind of reunion, and as you can probably guess, I make every effort to go because I don’t want to miss any fun family history moments!
For this month’s Family History for Children blog link up, we’re inviting bloggers to share their memorable family reunion moments. What activities has your family done at reunions to engage all ages? How have you passed down important family stories, values, and heritage at these gatherings? Share your family’s reunion traditions with us this month in our blog link up. Here are some ideas for what to post.
- Tutorial for creating a family history game or activity for a reunion
- Description of past family reunions and the family history related activities
- Reunion traditions of your family over the years
- How you or your kids have benefited from the inter-generational connections made at reunions
- Most meaningful family history moment at a reunion
- Ideas for engaging all ages in family history tasks at the reunion
I’ve come across many wonderful descriptions of family reunions and the creative ideas that others have carried out. Check out a list of those here: Web Index of Family History Ideas for Children and Teens (you’ll see the reunion category about halfway down the page).
I’m excited to learn all about your family reunions! To join the link up, follow the instructions here:
To get more bloggers involved, make sure to share what you’re up to.